The Saudi Stroke Association
The Saudi Stroke Association is conducting a public education activity in various parts of the country.
In Ghornatah Mall (one of the largest malls in Riyadh), the activities will include:
- Questionnaires about stroke knowledge
- Mega screen display of a short animation video on stroke awareness (to be repeated throughout the day)
- Distribution of brochures, calendars and pamphlets on stroke signs recognition and stroke prevention.
- Streaming educational laptop display (patients experience and lectures)
- Distribution of educational gifts
- Streaming educational LCD projections on information about stroke
- Media cover
With the support of Medical students from the King Saud University, the Saudi Stroke Association has organized:
- The shipment of educational material to the members of the Saudi Heart Association.
- The sending of a mass SMS message containing stroke information to more than 10,000 people.
Also, the Association has recognized and endorsed the following activities:
- A week of public education organized by the King Saud University which will include: the distribution of educational materials (which the Saudi Stroke Association has provided) in big malls of Riyadh and in the Faculty of Medicine.
- A public educational activity organized by the Neurology residents in Jeddah malls in the west coast of the country with educational material provided by the Saudi Stroke Association.
- A scientific seminar organized by the Neurology division of the Department of Internal Medicine, with the topic "Stroke, what can I do?" at the Aseer Central Hospital in Abha City.
- The 1st annual Makkah course on Basic Acute Stroke Care, at the Al-Noor Hospital in Makkah.
The course will run for two days and the program is as follows:
- First day: Academic lectures
- Second day: open workshop with real stroke case discussions and a "questions and answers" session to cover the most practical points in the management of acute stroke cases in the emergency room and in the medical services.